Early Modern Europe
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to the Early Modern Europe teaching resources portal. Please browse and share resources below, and feel free to create new subsections. For help with editing see our Editing Guide.
Pre-Recorded Lectures or Podcasts
- History of Censorship and Information Control During Information Revolutions Project, University of Chicago (compares Early Modern to Modern & Contemporary)
- Extra History: The South Sea Bubble
- Extra History: The Renaissance in Urbino
- Extra History: Catherine the Great
- Open Yale Courses
Assignments or Readings
Sample Chapter 14 of History in Practice a collection of resources from Oxford University Press. The sample chapter covers 15th and 16th century European Exploration, Perception of the Other, and the Columbian Exchange. There are three sections each centered around a guiding research question. Each section contains primary, scholarly, visual, literary and non-historical source material that address the research question. Each source excerpt has reading questions with answers and there are more comprehensive essay prompts and an active learning assignment that incorporate all of the sources in that section.
- Oxford Torch Center's list of online resources for Medievalists
- Medievalists.net, a regularly updated site featuring articles about a wide variety of Medieval topics
- Mapping History The Mapping History Project has been designed to provide interactive and animated representations of fundamental historical problems and/or illustrations of historical events, developments, and dynamics.